Today is 15 – 2 weeks and a day – into my 90 day “love challenge.” Here are 6 lessons I’ve learned so far:
1. Sleep does the body good. 8 hours of power is the base ingredient of living from love.
2. Speak your truth. Where are you still hiding? Here’s a little distinction I’ve noticed: Speaking your truth means showing your whole hand – not just being truthful about 4 of 5 cards. Bring the whole truth to the table and play a different game.
3. People want to help; let them. I have been struck by how people have been offering support recently. Our job is to let them! Be willing to be vulnerable and show people that you don’t always know what you’re doing. (Refer to #2.) Only then is there room for solutions to appear.
4. Vulnerability inspires. A vulnerable heart is a gift. When we get over ourselves and the need to look good, we can connect in the ways that really matter because we are real. The whole “I’ve got it all together and am therefore better than you” thing is so turn-of-the-century.
5. All good things come to an end some time. Let them. People come into our lives – some for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime. Accept people for who they are and who they aren’t. Building upon 2, 3, and 4: When the cards are all on the table, we can align with people in relationships that are more fulfilling, powerful, and real.
6. God is good. Taking my own advice from #2, these past two weeks have been a blessing, and I give Him all the glory. No religion; just relationship…and a whole lotta Love.
Shining bright this Sunday night;
Little choices + time = wholehearted change.
Photo credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/134545107587768774/